Learn new and old block patterns by participating in the Block of the Month program. A different block pattern will be highlighted here every month. Bring your finished blocks to show us at the monthly meeting. By the end of the year, you’ll have enough finished blocks to make a great quilt top.
2020 Block of the Month – Half Square Triangle Adventure
Presented by The Youngster’s Beelet
- Each Block will be the standard 12.5” unfinished quilt block.
- Finishing Instructions will be provided in December 2020 along with the last block.
- Planning to show all finished tops in January 2021.
- Finished quilt size: 54” by 67” unless you choose to do something else with finishing
- Encouraged to work from fabric stash! Do not buy fabric..talk to your quilty friend if you need something.
- Each block will have 16 HST’s.
- What you will need:
- Approx. 2 yards total print fabrics or 2+ charm packs or 1 layer cake…depends on how you want to make your HST also. You can go scrappy, or collect a nice sample of your favorite Fat quarters…but be sure to have plenty of choices, and I’d recommend keeping the mostly white fabrics as the background so the triangles show up better.
- 1 ¼ yard background fabric (scrappy, or low volume FQ’s work too)
- 2/3 yards sashing fabric
- 1 yard border fabric
- 3 ½ yards backing fabric
- ½ yard binding fabric
- thread (of course)
- Schedule of Block patterns:
- January: Block 1 – click here for pattern
- February: Block 2 – click here for pattern
- March: Block 3 – click here for pattern
- April: Block 4 – click here for pattern
- May: Block 5 – click here for pattern
- June: Block 6 – click here for pattern
- July: Block 7 – click here for pattern
- August: Block 8
- September: Block 9
- October: Block 10
- November: Block 11
- December: Block 12 and Finishing
- January 2021 Present your finished top!
Hope you will join us on this HST BOM Adventure!!
2019 Block of the Month – SEASONED QUILT
The 2019 block of the month theme will depict the seasons of the year. Each block will finish at 9 inches. Some months two blocks will be given, so 12 can be made by October. In October there will be a prize drawing for those who participate. The blocks can be used for seasonal decor such as pillows, table runners and placemats, or used collectively to make a complete SEASONED QUILT.
Each month’s pattern will be posted on the website, so you can catch up if you missed any.
All 12 blocks are now on the website. We hope you have enjoyed this series!
All blocks in a quilt top.