2021 Beelet Block of the Month
Announcing our Beelet BOM for 2021!
We hope you will get your creative juices flowing and enjoy this fun idea for our 2021 BOM. Each of the listed Beelets is to create/choose a block that defines that group! Blocks can be churn dash, stars, flowers…the possibilities are endless! We only ask that the unfinished blocks be 12.5”…of course the participant can make them any size they desire. Please send your pattern for your month in PDF format no later than the Wednesday before the meeting of your assigned month (remember we meet on 3rd Tuesday of month) to Michelle Philips at firstname.lastname@example.org to be posted to our website and our newsletter. Feel free to send them early but PLEASE use “BOM-Month of (fill in your month)” in your subject so there is no guessing for Michelle as to which month is ready. I’m very excited about this…and I hope you are as well!!!
Here is our schedule.
March: Cut-ups (Unofficial Barefoot Stitchin’ Sisters – Eugenia Fernandez, Kim VanBuskirk)
May: Loose Threads
June: Fat Eighths
July: Gal Pals
August: 12 x 12 Group
September: Dear Jane
October: The Q
November: The Youngsters
Backup (if a Beelet doesn’t come through, because we need at least 9 blocks): is the 12 x12 Group.
If you don’t know who you are, check the Beelet roster on the website in the Members Only section. If you have questions, please direct them to me, Heather Kopeschka (email@example.com)
2020 Block of the Month – Half Square Triangle Adventure
Presented by The Youngster’s Beelet
- Each Block will be the standard 12.5” unfinished quilt block.
- Finishing Instructions will be provided in December 2020 along with the last block.
- Planning to show all finished tops in January 2021.
- Finished quilt size: 54” by 67” unless you choose to do something else with finishing
- Encouraged to work from fabric stash! Do not buy fabric..talk to your quilty friend if you need something.
- Each block will have 16 HST’s.
- What you will need:
- Approx. 2 yards total print fabrics or 2+ charm packs or 1 layer cake…depends on how you want to make your HST also. You can go scrappy, or collect a nice sample of your favorite Fat quarters…but be sure to have plenty of choices, and I’d recommend keeping the mostly white fabrics as the background so the triangles show up better.
- 1 ¼ yard background fabric (scrappy, or low volume FQ’s work too)
- 2/3 yards sashing fabric
- 1 yard border fabric
- 3 ½ yards backing fabric
- ½ yard binding fabric
- thread (of course)
- Schedule of Block patterns:
- January: Block 1 – click here for pattern
- February: Block 2 – click here for pattern
- March: Block 3 – click here for pattern
- April: Block 4 – click here for pattern
- May: Block 5 – click here for pattern
- June: Block 6 – click here for pattern
- July: Block 7 – click here for pattern
- August: Block 8 – click here for pattern
- September: Block 9 – click here for pattern
- October: Block 10 – click here for pattern
- November: Block 11 – click here for pattern
- December: Block 12 – click here for pattern
- Finishing Options
Option A – straight setting with sashing
Option B – on-point setting
Or get creative and make up your own!!
- January 2021 Present your finished top!
Hope you will join us on this HST BOM Adventure!!
2019 Block of the Month – SEASONED QUILT
The 2019 block of the month theme will depict the seasons of the year. Each block will finish at 9 inches. Some months two blocks will be given, so 12 can be made by October. In October there will be a prize drawing for those who participate. The blocks can be used for seasonal decor such as pillows, table runners and placemats, or used collectively to make a complete SEASONED QUILT.
Each month’s pattern will be posted on the website, so you can catch up if you missed any.
All 12 blocks are now on the website. We hope you have enjoyed this series!
All blocks in a quilt top.